Patent awarded for mTBI Saliva Test
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) has awarded Quadrant Biosciences and two of its academic partners, the State University of New York Research Foundation and the Penn State Research Foundation, with U.S. Patent No.11,453,914 for the analysis and prediction of mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) and concussion symptoms. This patent is a transformative piece of intellectual property that Quadrant is using to develop its Clarifi™ mTBI Saliva Test, expected to be available in late 2023.
If you are with a company interested in licensing this technology, please fill out the form below and a company representative will reach out.
Quadrant is actively involved in multiple research projects supporting the development of biomarkers for mTBI. We are currently looking for research collaborators interested in joining this effort.
- Refinement of saliva microRNA biomarkers for sports-related concussion, Journal of Sport and Health Science, August 2021
- Saliva RNA biomarkers predict concussion duration and detect symptom recovery: a comparison with balance and cognitive testing, Journal of Neurology, May 2021
- Saliva microRNA of Cumulative Concussion , International Journal of Molecular Sciences, October 2020
- Diagnosing mild traumatic brain injury using saliva RNA compared to cognitive balance testing, Clinical and Translational Medicine, October 2020
- The Transcriptional Signature of a Runner’s High, Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, May, 2019
- Association of Salivary MicroRNA Changes with Prolonged Concussion Symptoms , JAMA Pediatrics, January 2018
- Comparison of serum and saliva miRNAs for identification and characterization of mTBI in adult mixed martial arts fighters, PLOS One, July 2018
- Overlapping MicroRNA Expression in Saliva and Cerebrospinal Fluid Accurately Identifies Pediatric Traumatic Brain Injury, Journal of Neurotrauma, November 2017
- Promise of Salivary microRNA for assessing concussion, JAMA Pediatrics, November 2017
If interested, please contact us through the link below