Our genetic tests may identify genetic variations that may be the underlying cause of conditions such as autism spectrum disorder and other neurodevelopmental delays.
Quadrant Laboratories is now offering saliva-based genetic testing for autism spectrum disorder and intellectual disabilities, including:
- Autism spectrum disorder / Intellectual Disability Panel (NGS)
- Analyzes the latest gene and chromosome segments associated with ASD and ID
- FMR1 repeat assay
- Whole exome sequencing
- Chromosomal Microarray
Benefits of Testing
If your child has been diagnosed with autism or an intellectual delay, our Genetic Test Panel may identify changes in the child’s genetic makeup that can give parents and healthcare providers useful information on how to treat your child and any co-occurring conditions can be expected.
This information can be used to:
- Guide therapeutic treatments
- Grant access to resources
- Facilitate early detection of symptoms
- Inform family planning
- Allow carrier testing and genetic counseling
- Promote enrollment in clinical studies
Benefits of testing with us:
- Simple saliva collection
- Convenient collection location (at home or in office)
- Most current targeted gene list
- Upfront price transparency (varies based on insurance plan)
- Genetic counseling available
Click here more information on genetic testing for autism and related neurological conditions.
Testing where it’s convenient for the patient
Our saliva-based testing can only be ordered by a licensed healthcare provider, but sample collection can be done in the convenience of the patient’s home. This allows telehealth providers the opportunity to utilize genetic testing as part of their treatment plans.
"Telehealth enabled genomic testing will be the new standard of care to bring much needed genetic testing to families. This will allow for earlier intervention, accelerate management decisions, help identify targeted therapies and reduce barriers to testing in the comfort of their home. Our broad genetic panel testing allows for an efficient evaluation of many potential autism makers based on one clinical indication"
Funda Suer, EVP Clinical Diagnostics and Clinical Laboratory Director, Quadrant Biosciences